Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Jan Dockx <Ja...@peopleware.be> on 2005/06/01 18:40:38 UTC

x:tree2 cookie exception and renewing the tree model [Scanned by ClamAV]

We are using x:tree2 in 2 webapplications. The clients are thrilled. But, …

We really need some help with x:tree2. I don't know whether this is a bug
in x:tree2, other whether it is our code. Some discussion might help.

We use client side navigation.

1) The tree model we use comes from a backing bean method:
#{userH.treeModel}. The tree model is cached in a backing bean instance
variable (it is a tree of instances of 4 different inner classes of the
handler class). At a certain time, we call a stored procedure on the DB
that adds some data, that represent nodes in the tree, from an action
method. After the stored procedure, we refresh the cached data, before we
end the action method. We debugged, and the new data is in the tree model.
During render response, the getTreeModel method is called. But still the
new nodes don't show up in the page.
What are we missing?

2) We regularly get exceptions that have to do with parsing and the cookie.
These exceptions are discussed in this list already, but I could not find
any conclusive answer. With us, they "happen", after extensive use
(impossible to debug), and after switching the user. I.e., the first user
logs out, we log in as a second user, a completely new tree model is
created in the beacking bean, we are directed to the page with the tree,
and this gives the exception.

To be able to solve these problems, a bit of explanation about the expected
behavior would be nice, or someone talking us through the x:tree2 code, so
that we can debug the problem ourself. We've done an effort, but as it is
now, the code is a bit to dark for us to really understand what the
intention is.

We presume the x:tree2 code is caching the tree model somewhere, and that
this is the cause of all these problems. But we didn't find where this
cache might be, and how to reset it.

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Jan Dockx

PeopleWare NV - Head Office