Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de> on 2008/07/30 23:08:36 UTC

[SCXML] transaction-element as an child of parallel-element ignored (bug ?)

Hi Rahul,

sorry - it's me again ...

The current SCXML draft http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#parallel
allows me to use transitions as an child of parallel-element.

If I try this, the SCXML implemention ignores this transition.

Maybe also a little bug ?

Regards
Danny

**** Start engagingTest()
go now
WARN - Ignoring element <transition> in namespace "http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" at null:6:52 and digester match "scxml/parallel/transition"
INFO - /running
INFO - /running/state1
INFO - /running/state2
PASSED: engagingTest

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<scxml xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/07/scxml" version="1.0"
	xmlns:cs="http://commons.apache.org/scxml" initialstate="running">

	<parallel id="running">
		<transition event="bugEvent" target="state1" />

		<state id="state1">
			<transition event="event1" target="state2" />
		</state>
		<state id="state2" />
	</parallel>
</scxml>

Viele Gruesse

Daniel Schwager

Re: [SCXML] transaction-element as an child of parallel-element ignored (bug ?)

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 4:13 AM, Daniel Schwager
<Da...@dtnet.de> wrote:
>> > Maybe also a little bug ?
>

>> Yes, in as much as not being implemented is a bug :-) This is another
>> addition in the latest Working Draft which we haven't gotten to yet.
>
> Here we are :
>        https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SCXML-82

<snip/>

Thanks for the JUnit test, makes the task a little simpler :-)

-Rahul

AW: [SCXML] transaction-element as an child of parallel-element ignored (bug ?)

Posted by Daniel Schwager <Da...@dtnet.de>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Daniel Schwager
<Da...@dtnet.de> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> sorry - it's me again ...
>
> The current SCXML draft http://www.w3.org/TR/scxml/#parallel
> allows me to use transitions as an child of parallel-element.
>
> If I try this, the SCXML implemention ignores this transition.
>
> Maybe also a little bug ?

<snip/>

Yes, in as much as not being implemented is a bug :-) This is another
addition in the latest Working Draft which we haven't gotten to yet.

Can you open an improvement in JIRA? Please attach the smallest test
case (test SCXML documents are good, but if you can attach a complete
JUnit test case that'd be even better -- see the src/test tree for
existing tests for the codebase, you could name this one
transitions-05.xml and place it here [1], for example).

-Rahul

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/