Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Iyanu, Rajasekaran" <Ra...@fmr.com> on 2005/05/10 12:08:14 UTC

Reg. ClassCastException:ActionErrors

 Hi,

 I'm getting the following exception when I enable validation for my
entry page..
 Can anyone please help me with a resolution in this regard.

CallStack:
	java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.struts.action.ActionErrors
	at
com.fidelity.ewp.framework.web.EwpErrorsData.init(EwpErrorsData.java:72)
	at
com.fidelity.ewp.framework.web.EwpTilesRequestProcessor.processValidate(
EwpTilesRequestProcessor.java:479)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:
348)
	at
com.fidelity.electra.web.ElectraRequestProcessor.process(ElectraRequestP
rocessor.java:71)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1519)
	at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:532)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictSe
rvletInstance.java:110)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLi
fecycleServlet.java:174)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycle
Servlet.java:313)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLif
ecycleServlet.java:116)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.
java:283)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(Vali
dServletReferenceState.java:42)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(Servle
tInstanceReference.java:40)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterCh
ain.java:76)
	at
com.fmr.commons.servlet.SEMFilter.doFilter(SEMFilter.java:161)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInst
anceWrapper.java:132)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterCh
ain.java:71)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispa
tch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:965)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRe
questDispatcher.java:555)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppReq
uestDispatcher.java:200)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:1
19)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInv
oker.java:276)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocati
on(CachedInvocation.java:71)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(Servle
tRequestProcessor.java:182)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSELis
tener.java:334)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection
.java:56)
	at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
618)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:439)
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:593)

Thanks and Regards
Rajasekaran Iyanu.

Re: Reg. ClassCastException:ActionErrors

Posted by Niall Pemberton <ni...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Since you're using a custom RequestProcessor how can we help without knowing
what code is in there? Also you don't say what version of Struts you're
using.

Niall