Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Kenneth Porter <sh...@sewingwitch.com> on 2023/02/14 18:50:40 UTC

Seeing big (>1MB) spam

I started seeing some spam today in the 1-1.5 MB range. I was surprised to
see obvious spam in my Inbox, but discovered it had no SA headers. It
turned out that my procmailrc rule was only scanning messages smaller than
700k. I boosted it to 2MB:

:0fw
* < 2000000

Re: Seeing big (>1MB) spam

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
>I started seeing some spam today in the 1-1.5 MB range.

It's been over a year now, but for a while I was getting a huge number of
spams that were either 1143 KB or 3831 KB.
The 3831 KB variant used the same obfuscation payload as the 1143 KB spams,
they just put it in twice in a row.

        Loren