Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jos van der Heiden <jo...@xs4all.nl> on 2006/05/11 16:15:38 UTC

[m2] release:prepare - subversion problem

I'm having a problem with release:prepare.

I'm using Maven 2.0.4 and subversion 1.3.0

My repository looks like:

myrepo/

       /trunk

       |      pom.xml

       |      src/

       |      .

       /tags

When maven tries to create a tag, it gets an error back from subversion:

svn: Source url 'svn://myhost/myrepo/trunk' is from different repository

(I can't find out what this means from the subversion documentation either).

I have set up the pom like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <scm>

    <connection>scm:svn:svn://myhost/myrepo/trunk</connection>

<developerConnection>scm:svn:svn://myhost/myrepo/trunk</developerConnection>

  </scm>

  <build>

    <plugins>

      <plugin>

        <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>

        <configuration>

          <tagBase>svn:// myhost/myrepo/tags</tagBase>

        </configuration>

      </plugin>

    </plugins>

  </build>

</project>

Any ideas what is going on here?

RE: [m2] release:prepare - subversion problem

Posted by Jos van der Heiden <jo...@xs4all.nl>.
Thanx,

I just knew it had to be something silly.
Setting up the environment earlier I had some problems with connecting with
the svn server. I had tried an explicit port number in the url, which didn't
help but was kept there (and not shown by Eclipse...).

Looking at the .svn/entries cleared that up, so now it is working ok!

Jos

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>.
I also see a space in your tagBase, though I'm sure that is just a
typo to the list. Again you might want to try:

<tagBase>http://myhost/myrepo/tags/tags</tagBase>

--
Julian Wood <wo...@ucalgary.ca>

Software Engineer
Teaching & Learning Centre
University of Calgary

http://tlc.ucalgary.ca

RE : [m2] release:prepare - subversion problem

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@accor.com>.
Hi,
Personnaly I use (with last snapshot) script like this

mvn -DtagBase=http://ip:port/path \
-Dusername=$1 -Dpassword=$2 \
-Dmaven.test.skip=true -Dgoals=deploy \
-Darguments="-Dmaven.test.skip=true" \