Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cemil Degirmenci <cd...@wavecon.de> on 2004/02/02 12:15:30 UTC

Probably a Bug in AddDescription...

Hello, we have strange behavior of AddDecription on Apache 2.0.48
running SuSE 9.0.

You can watch the problem at http://www.ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub -
/pub contains a .htaccess file with content like this:

IndexIgnore incoming 00-find-ls 00-find-ls.gz ic/pub
IndexOptions -SuppressDescription

AddDescription "20c3" 20c3/
<....>
AddDescription "Debian-Linux" debian/
AddDescription "Dokumente: RFC, FYI, ISO und Zeitschriften: ct, ix, ..."
doc/
AddDescription "BioID FaceDB" facedb/
AddDescription "FreeBSD" FreeBSD/
AddDescription "Spiele fuer verschiedene Computer-Architekturen." games/
AddDescription "GNU-Software Mirror" gnu/
AddDescription "URT, Erweiterungen und Patches fuer rayshade." graphics/
AddDescription "Die aktuellsten Daten fuer die RRZE Internet CD" i_cd/

As you can see in /pub there is only a description visible for
"/pub/gnu", but if you dive in some subdir, the description can be seen
as configured. But if you "touch" (or there exist like in /pub/gnu) an
index.html in one subdir the description can be seen... This behavior is
pretty odd. Anbody seen this problem before?

We use AllowOverwrite All and the IndexOptions are:
IndexOptions VersionSort IgnoreCase FancyIndexing NameWidth=*
FoldersFirst SuppressHTMLPreamble SuppressRules DescriptionWidth=*

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

Degirmenci