Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Adam Czysciak <ad...@power.com.pl> on 2003/12/11 09:42:53 UTC

HSSF - default cell style for column ?

Hi,

Is it possible to set the default cell style for the whole column in
generated XLS file?
In the app I export XLS file, then user can add some data rows, and
upload that file
to the app again. The cells must have the text format. As for the
temporary solution
we add 2000 extra blank rows with text format, it doesn't cost much
kilobytes, and
it works:) But... it's not a solution.

In MS Excel it is possible to mark the whole column and set its format.
I don't know how
it works internally, but maybe the XLS file has such a feature to set
the default text format
for the column? :-)

--
Greets,