Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> on 2018/12/20 19:25:16 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] New Calcite PMC chair: Francis Chuang

Calcite community members,

I am pleased to announce that we have a new PMC chair and VP. I have
resigned, and Francis was duly elected by the PMC and approved unanimously
by the Board.

Please join me in congratulating Francis!

-Michael

PS - This should not be indicative of a lack of continued interest in
Calcite on my part, but rather a desire on behalf of the entire PMC (myself
included) to have this responsibility regularly shared.

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Calcite PMC chair: Francis Chuang

Posted by Sergey Nuyanzin <sn...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Francis!

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Calcite PMC chair: Francis Chuang

Posted by Aman Sinha <am...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stamatis Zampetakis <za...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Kudos Francis !

scritto:

> Thank you, Julian, Michael and the Calcite community! I look forward to
> contributing more to avatica-go, avatica and calcite itself in the next
> year.
>
> Francis
>
> On 21/12/2018 6:35 am, Julian Hyde wrote:
> > Congratulations, Francis! Well deserved.
> >
> > Michael,
> >
> > Thank you for serving as chair. I especially appreciate what you did to
> welcome newcomers, resolve disputes and make us communicate better with
> each other. The Calcite community is stronger because of your efforts.
> >
> > Julian
> >
> >> On Dec 20, 2018, at 11:25 AM, Michael Mior <mm...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Calcite community members,
> >>
> >> I am pleased to announce that we have a new PMC chair and VP. I have
> >> resigned, and Francis was duly elected by the PMC and approved
> unanimously
> >> by the Board.
> >>
> >> Please join me in congratulating Francis!
> >>
> >> -Michael
> >>
> >> PS - This should not be indicative of a lack of continued interest in
> >> Calcite on my part, but rather a desire on behalf of the entire PMC
> (myself
> >> included) to have this responsibility regularly shared.
>

> --

-- Enrico Olivelli

Re: [ANNOUNCE] New Calcite PMC chair: Francis Chuang

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.