Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Sven Haiges <sv...@web.de> on 2005/10/22 15:58:44 UTC

Using HMTL Editor inside a Tabbed Pane

Hi there,

I was successfully using 4 HTML Editor Components inside 4 Tabs of a
tabbed pane and now I switched to 1.1 final and this does not work any
longer. it seems that the value of the last tab is automatically
assigned to the first parameter and all other values are empty.

Below is my code.

Do you know of this problem? What is a workaround?

Cheers\
Sven

	<t:panelTabbedPane bgcolor="#FFFFCC" >

	<t:panelTab id="tab1" label="German" rendered="true">
	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textDE}"
						style="height: 60ex;"
						allowEditSource="true"
						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
						showLinksToolBox="true"
						showImagesToolBox="false"
						showTablesToolBox="false"
						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
	</t:panelTab>

	<t:panelTab id="tab2" label="English" rendered="true">
	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textEN}"
						style="height: 60ex;"
						allowEditSource="true"
						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
						showLinksToolBox="true"
						showImagesToolBox="false"
						showTablesToolBox="false"
						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
	</t:panelTab>

	<t:panelTab id="tab3" label="French" rendered="true">
	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textFR}"
						style="height: 60ex;"
						allowEditSource="true"
						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
						showLinksToolBox="true"
						showImagesToolBox="false"
						showTablesToolBox="false"
						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
	</t:panelTab>

	<t:panelTab id="tab4" label="Spanish" rendered="true">
	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textES}"
						style="height: 60ex;"
						allowEditSource="true"
						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
						showLinksToolBox="true"
						showImagesToolBox="false"
						showTablesToolBox="false"
						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
	</t:panelTab>

	</t:panelTabbedPane>

---
Sven Haiges
sven.haiges@web.de

TEL +49 89 420 958 993
SIP 8008878@sipgate.de

Re: Using HMTL Editor inside a Tabbed Pane

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
You are right - now it shouldn't be too hard to enable the old
server-side mode as an option. What I remember, Sylvain has left
comments as to where this would be necessary.

Is there no one who needs this and would be willing to spend some time
on this? You get a big plus from this: an intensive JSF learning
experience ;)

regards,

Martin

Tabbed Pane State Saving

Posted by Sven Haiges <sv...@web.de>.
I put this in a separate mail because it is only about the tabbed pane.

Some questions:
	- if one clicks on a tabbed pane with 3 tabs, can I get a notifiction
on the server if some tab was clicked?
	- is it right that only the state of the components that are in the
currently displayed tab will be sent to the server, the others aren't?

Cheers\
Sven

---
Sven Haiges
sven.haiges@web.de

TEL +49 89 420 958 993
SIP 8008878@sipgate.de

Re: Possible Solutions: Using HMTL Editor inside a Tabbed Pane

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
If you want it real quick (<30min), copy the source of the old
tabbedPane, create a customized component class and use a component
binding to point to this source (make sure you also overwrite the
renderer).

Posted by Sven Haiges <sv...@web.de>.
OK, I am trying to find a quick solution to this problem. Unfortunately
the option for adding this feature is out, because i really want to get
this up quickly.

If I got it right, the problem in this case is not theHMTL input
component, it is only the tabbed pane. So what could I do? I have to
get rid of the tabbed pane, but then I cannot use 4 html inputs on one
page, I think. I would have to split it out to 4 pages or use normal
inputs instead.

do you  agree? Or are there any other options?

Am 22.10.2005 um 16:43 Uhr schrieb Michael Ageeb:

> Yeah, i really miss the old server side mode. I don't like to load all
> data of other tabs when user uses only one.
> On Sat, 2005-10-22 at 16:27 +0200, Martin Marinschek wrote:
>> There has been a change in the tabbed panel to be client side only.
>>
>> It would be better to support the old server side mode as an option -
>> do you have time to look into this?
>>
>> Would be great!
>>
>> regards,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 10/22/05, Sven Haiges <sv...@web.de> wrote:
>>> One addition to that:
>>>
>>> I noticed that in older versions, whenever i clicked a tab a c/s
>>> request/response was initiated. Now, this does not happen any longer.
>>> This is probably the reason why some values are not carried on to the
>>> server. How can I again have a request to the server when I click
>>> anothert tab?
>>>
>>> Any help is welcome,
>>>
>>> Sven

>>> ---
>>> Sven Haiges
>>> sven.haiges@web.de
>>>
>>> TEL +49 89 420 958 993
>>> SIP 8008878@sipgate.de
>>>

>> --
>>
>> http://www.irian.at
>> Your JSF powerhouse -
>> JSF Trainings in English and German
>>

> --
> Michael Ageeb <mi...@open-craft.com>
> OpenCraft

---

Posted by Michael Ageeb <mi...@open-craft.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sven Haiges <sv...@web.de>.
One addition to that:

I noticed that in older versions, whenever i clicked a tab a c/s
request/response was initiated. Now, this does not happen any longer.
This is probably the reason why some values are not carried on to the
server. How can I again have a request to the server when I click
anothert tab?

Any help is welcome,

Sven

Am 22.10.2005 um 15:58 Uhr schrieb Sven Haiges:

> Hi there,
>
> I was successfully using 4 HTML Editor Components inside 4 Tabs of a
> tabbed pane and now I switched to 1.1 final and this does not work any
> longer. it seems that the value of the last tab is automatically
> assigned to the first parameter and all other values are empty.
>
> Below is my code.
>
> Do you know of this problem? What is a workaround?
>
> Cheers\
> Sven
>

> 	<t:panelTabbedPane bgcolor="#FFFFCC" >
>

> 	<t:panelTab id="tab1" label="German" rendered="true">
> 	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textDE}"
> 						style="height: 60ex;"
> 						allowEditSource="true"
> 						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
> 						showLinksToolBox="true"
> 						showImagesToolBox="false"
> 						showTablesToolBox="false"
> 						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
> 						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
> 	</t:panelTab>
>
> 	<t:panelTab id="tab2" label="English" rendered="true">
> 	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textEN}"
> 						style="height: 60ex;"
> 						allowEditSource="true"
> 						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
> 						showLinksToolBox="true"
> 						showImagesToolBox="false"
> 						showTablesToolBox="false"
> 						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
> 						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
> 	</t:panelTab>
>
> 	<t:panelTab id="tab3" label="French" rendered="true">
> 	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textFR}"
> 						style="height: 60ex;"
> 						allowEditSource="true"
> 						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
> 						showLinksToolBox="true"
> 						showImagesToolBox="false"
> 						showTablesToolBox="false"
> 						showCleanupExpressionsToolBox="true"
> 						showDebugToolBox="false"/>
> 	</t:panelTab>
>
> 	<t:panelTab id="tab4" label="Spanish" rendered="true">
> 	    					<t:inputHtml value="#{adminTextElementBean.textES}"
> 						style="height: 60ex;"
> 						allowEditSource="true"
> 						showPropertiesToolBox="false"
> 						showLinksToolBox="true"