Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "ben.cotton@lehman.com" <be...@lehman.com> on 2010/01/11 12:01:07 UTC

HBql potential to support ODBC driver/API for HBase?

Is there any  consideration for  HBql to implement /support drivers that
provide  HBase w/ an ODBC API capability?.   We don't yet know
if/how/when we can potentially connect our legacy  data tools (MS-Excel,
MS-Access, and SqlDbx) to Hadoop.  The Hadoop HIVE project has an OBDC
driver, but it is not yet supported on Microsoft Windows.  We are
looking forward to when we can connect  universally familiar
Microsoft-based data tools to Hadoop.

Re: HBql potential to support ODBC driver/API for HBase?

Posted by Paul Ambrose <pa...@mac.com>.
No plans for it, but always open to ideas.