Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2004/11/24 18:48:02 UTC

Remoting Test Failure

	I'm getting a failure in
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.RemotingInterceptorsTest (which I think is
one that Dain did not change in his recent checkin, though it appears to
use proxies).

	Note: this only happens on JDK 1.5.0 64-bit -- JDK 1.4 (32 or 64
bit) and JDK 1.5 32-bit seem to be unaffected.  Go figure.

Aaron

Testcase:
testSetTransientWithSerializedNonOptimizedProxy(org.apache.geronimo.re
moting.RemotingInterceptorsTest):       Caused an ERROR
null
java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException
        at $Proxy15.getValue(Unknown Source)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.RemotingInterceptorsTest.call(RemotingIn
terceptorsTest.java:302)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.RemotingInterceptorsTest.testSetTransien
tWithSerializedNonOptimizedProxy(RemotingInterceptorsTest.java:283)
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.TransportException:
Request ti
me out.
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.async.ChannelPool.sendRequest(
ChannelPool.java:429)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.async.AsyncClient.sendRequest(
AsyncClient.java:54)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.transport.RemoteTransportInterceptor.inv
oke(RemoteTransportInterceptor.java:62)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.MarshalingInterceptor.invoke(MarshalingI
nterceptor.java:46)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.remoting.InterVMRoutingInterceptor.invoke(InterVM
RoutingInterceptor.java:49)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.proxy.SimpleRPCContainer.invoke(SimpleRPCContaine
r.java:48)
        at
org.apache.geronimo.proxy.ProxyContainer.invoke(ProxyContainer.java:5
1)
        ... 74 more

Re: Remoting Test Failure

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.
On Nov 24, 2004, at 10:21 AM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> What is inside the undeclared throwable?
>
> 	It appears to be the timeout exception (TransportException) down a
> little further.  That's all I get in the log output, at any rate.
> Also,
> it turns out that I don't get the problem every time.  That may cast
> doubt
> on the JVM's that I said worked, because I should really try them a few
> times each before I say that.  (I'm using "maven m:rebuild-all" and
> "maven
> -o m:rebuild-all"  and online/offline doesn't seem to make a
> difference.)

Ah... I see these all the time, but the always go away after the second
build.  I assumed it was due to the apple vm being super slow (network
code runs 10 times slower on apple).

-dain

Re: Remoting Test Failure

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.