Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Muqtafi Akhmad <mu...@traveloka.com> on 2015/06/01 09:13:05 UTC

Submit Spark App to Oozie

Hello everyone,
I'm new to Oozie, currently I'm trying to use Oozie to manage Spark
applications. I've tried to submit Spark application as Java action ( as
described in
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29233487/launching-a-spark-program-using-oozie-workflow
) and the action return error

> Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], exit code [1]

My questions are
1. How can I see / access the complete stack trace to know what exactly
happened in my application execution?
2. By default, Oozie shared lib directory provides libraries for Hive, Pig,
and Map-Reduce. If I want to run Spark job on Oozie, it might be better to
add Spark lib jars to Oozie's shared lib instead of copy them to app's lib
directory. How can I add Spark lib jars (including spark-core and its
dependencies) to Oozie's shared lib?

Thank you,

--
Muqtafi Akhmad
Software Engineer

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Muqtafi Akhmad <mu...@traveloka.com>.
thank you Laurent!

But I think I'll go with the new Oozie version now that Oozie supports
Spark apps

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Muqtafi Akhmad <mu...@traveloka.com>.
dear all,

--
Muqtafi Akhmad
Software Engineer

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Jaydeep Vishwakarma <ja...@inmobi.com>.

wrote:

> [...]
> > The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
> the
> > use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
> > authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
> privileged
> > information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified
> > that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
> reliance
> > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
> > unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
> > us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
> > system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
> transmission
> > of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in

receipt.

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Muqtafi Akhmad <mu...@traveloka.com>.
Hello Jaydeep,
Logs from

> oozie job -info ...

and

--
Muqtafi Akhmad
Software Engineer

Re: Submit Spark App to Oozie

Posted by Jaydeep Vishwakarma <ja...@inmobi.com>.

wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I'm new to Oozie, currently I'm trying to use Oozie to manage Spark
> applications. I've tried to submit Spark application as Java action ( as
> described in
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29233487/launching-a-spark-program-using-oozie-workflow
> ) and the action return error
>
> > Main class [org.apache.oozie.action.hadoop.JavaMain], exit code [1]
>
> My questions are
> 1. How can I see / access the complete stack trace to know what exactly
> happened in my application execution?
> 2. By default, Oozie shared lib directory provides libraries for Hive, Pig,
> and Map-Reduce. If I want to run Spark job on Oozie, it might be better to
> add Spark lib jars to Oozie's shared lib instead of copy them to app's lib
> directory. How can I add Spark lib jars (including spark-core and its
> dependencies) to Oozie's shared lib?
>
> Thank you,
>
> --
> Muqtafi Akhmad