Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Steven Elliott <el...@mail.cibertribe.pt> on 2002/12/05 18:32:31 UTC

Context reloads dropping CachedRowSet from HttpSession after acceptChanges() call.

TC 4.03

In a simple servlet I am creating then adding a CachedRowSet to a
HttpSession via setAttribute().

The CachedRowSet is populated with a number of rows (50) which are presented
to a client 10 rows at a time in a form.  The client clicks on radio buttons
to update information for each row and then submits the form back to the
servlet to update the information in the CachedRowSet which then propogates
the changes back to the database.

This all works fine, no problem until I reload the Tomcat context (by
reloading the context I mean simply recompiling a .class in a
reloadable=true context).  As soon as Tomcat reloads the context it will
drop the CachedRowSet from the HttpSession BUT only if the
CachedRowSet.acceptChanges() method has been called.  IOW if the
acceptChanges() is not called and the context is reloaded the CachedRowSet
will not be dropped from the session?

Has anybody had a problem like this and/or know where I can begin to look?
Any help would be appreciated and please mail me directly as well as the
list since I am on the digest.

TIA,

Steven Elliott
<el...@mail.cibertribe.pt>