Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Andrea Tuccia <an...@tuccia.it> on 2012/04/04 10:04:49 UTC

JMX APIs thru MX4J

Hello,
I'm working on a fork of Sébastien Giroux Cassandra Cluster Admin and I
wish to pull my contributions to the parent code.

Here is my repository:

https://github.com/atuccia/Cassandra-Cluster-Admin

...and Sébastien Giroux one:

https://github.com/sebgiroux/Cassandra-Cluster-Admin

I wanna add the same functionalities of "OpsCenter" (or the common
functions available thru the command line nodetool) as cleanup, compact,
repair, drain, decommission and so on...

I'm stuck, gone in trouble with MX4J.

http://192.168.10.91/invoke?operation=forceTableRepair&objectname=org.apache.cassandra.db%3Atype%3DStorageService&value0=&type0=java.lang.String&type1=[Ljava.lang.String%3B

MBean operation: invoke method on MBean
org.apache.cassandra.db:type=StorageService
Error during MBean operation invocationMessage: count of parameter types
doesn't match count of parameter values

http://192.168.10.91/invoke?operation=forceTableRepair&objectname=org.apache.cassandra.db%3Atype%3DStorageService&value0=&type0=java.lang.String&type1=[Ljava.lang.String%3B&value1=

MBean operation: invoke method on MBean
org.apache.cassandra.db:type=StorageService
Error during MBean operation invocationMessage: Parameter 1: cannot be
converted to type [Ljava.lang.String;

http://192.168.10.91/invoke?operation=forceTableRepair&objectname=org.apache.cassandra.db%3Atype%3DStorageService

MBean operation: invoke method on MBean
org.apache.cassandra.db:type=StorageService
Error during MBean operation invocationMessage: Operation singature has
no match in the MBean

...so, how can I call the APIs (apparently) with optional parameters?
What is that strange definition of the type "[Ljava.lang.String;" for
some params?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea Tuccia

Re: JMX APIs thru MX4J

Posted by Flavio Baronti <f....@list-group.com>.
Hi,

I can't help you with your other questions, but the type "[Ljava.lang.String;" is an array of String objects.
More info here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Native_Interface#Mapping_types

Flavio