Posted to users@camel.apache.org by wierob <wi...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/11 14:03:29 UTC

TCP with SSL documentation/example?

Hi,

where can I find an example or documentation explaining how to configure SSL
for a (MINA or Netty) TCP consumer endpoint?

thanks in advance.

Re: TCP with SSL documentation/example?

Posted by wierob <wi...@googlemail.com>.
Got it!

from("netty:tcp://localhost:8888?sync=true&textline=true&ssl=true&passphrase=#secret&keyStoreFile=key.store&trustStoreFile=trust.store")

    <bean id="secret" class="java.lang.String">
    	<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String" value="42"/>
    </bean>
     <bean id="key.store" class="java.io.File">
    	<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String"
value="/path/to/keystore.jks"/>
    </bean>
     <bean id="trust.store" class="java.io.File">
    	<constructor-arg type="java.lang.String"
value="/path/to/truststore.jks"/>
    </bean>

This works but forces the client to authenticate itself with a certificate.
I couldn't find a configuration option to disable client authentication.

Re: TCP with SSL documentation/example?

Posted by wierob <wi...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

thanks for your help. What I need is an example showing how to use the
ApplicationContextRegistry, i.e. how to configure password, keystore, etc.
in the context.xml.

kind regards

Re: TCP with SSL documentation/example?

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Check the documentation from Mina and Netty.

And also the Camel component documentation
http://camel.apache.org/netty

And a good idea is to check unit tests of those components as they may
have SSL tests.

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 2:03 PM, wierob <wi...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> where can I find an example or documentation explaining how to configure SSL
> for a (MINA or Netty) TCP consumer endpoint?
>
> thanks in advance.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com