Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/12/31 17:22:21 UTC

[OT] Some directory birthdays tomorrow!!!

Tomorrow is not only the first day of the new year but this plaxo thingy
tells me it's Emmanuel's and Alan's Birthday as well. You guys are in
phase.  It must be nice to have the whole world throwing a party on your
birthday.

How old are you guys now anyways? 53, 57? You guys are so old, I found a
remake of a popular oldie with lyrics you can understand :-D this time
around:

===========================

When I find my code in tons of trouble,
Friends and colleagues come to me,
Speaking words of wisdom:
"Write in C."

As the deadline fast approaches,
And bugs are all that I can see,
Somewhere, someone whispers:
"Write in C."

Write in C, Write in C,
Write in C, oh, Write in C.
BASIC's dead and buried,
Write in C.

I used to write a lot of FORTRAN,
For science it worked flawlessly.
Try using it for graphics!
Write in C.

If you've just spent nearly 30 hours,
Debugging some assembly,
Soon you will be glad to
Write in C.

Write in C, Write in C,
Write in C, yeah, Write in C.
LOGO's not the answer.
Write in C.

Write in C, Write in C,
Write in C, oh, Write in C.
Pascal won't quite cut it.
Write in C.
===========================

Anyone want to show their age and guess what song and band this is from?

:-D Seriously, have a good time!!!

Happy Birthday and New Year,
Alex

Re: [OT] Some directory birthdays tomorrow!!!

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Heh heh, you're not the first to think that Tuesday was my birthday.
I never enter in my real birthday since it's sometimes used for
security questions.  But, thanks anyway!

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
Hahahaha!!!!

Well happy (*#&^!@ B-day anyways since I will probably ignore this damn
tool's notifications now.

Plaxo probably just makes your b-day jan 1st if you do not provide one.
More inline ...

On Dec 31, 2007 11:47 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahem...
>
> Seems that Alex is having problem with Plaxo ! Not only he flooded the
> whole planet with mails 2 months ago, he also trusts blindly the info
> Plaxo is sending everyone about birthday anniversary... :)

Oh man!  You had to bring that up again.  I don't want to be reminded of
that day.  This was all because I thought it might be cute to try some M$
products.  I lost like 30 friends who still to this day curse my name.  Plus
something terrible happened to all my email accounts.  It was utterly
disastrous.

> My parent weren't dumb enough to sabotage their new year day party
> having a baby born on this very special day ! They were two busy being
> totally blasted to think about that !

Intra-uterine alcohol consumption explains a lot about you :-D.

> Anyways :) Thanks for that Alex, you were only wrong by 24 days, as I
> celebrated my 43 years birthday on december, 8th. (I welcome any late
> bottle of alcohol anyone on the list want to send me for this occasion !

Man you're like a crack baby that could not give up the bottle.  Ok ok I'll
have to send something.  Either that or you need to visit me here in FL for
spring break and I'll take you in to Daytona. But then again that might hurt
a bit at 43. :-D.

Posted by Yeliz Eseryel <ye...@alum.syracuse.edu>.
Well, I saw that on Plaxo as well.. in addition to Chris's birthday on
the third..
I was going to ask you (Emmanuel)  about that.. I thought what are the
odds that Emmanuel is born on new year's day... Oh well...

--
Yeliz Eseryel
Ph.D Student in Information Science & Technology

Uğur Yeliz Eseryel
Bilişim Bilimi ve Teknolojisi Doktora Öğrencisi
Siraküs Evrenkenti :)

TÜRKÇE KONUŞ!!!!
evde, arabada, kafede, okulda, genel ağda [internet], telefonda,
arkadaşınla, ailenle, öğretmenlerinle, müdürünle, dostunla, mesaj
yazarken, mektup yazarken, e-posta yazarken, olay anlatırken, kitap
anlatırken, dedikodu yaparken, öğrenirken, öğretirken, sorarken,
cevaplarken TÜRKÇE KONUŞ...

Re: [OT] Some directory birthdays tomorrow!!!

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Ahem...

Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Tomorrow is not only the first day of the new year but this plaxo
> thingy tells me it's Emmanuel's and Alan's Birthday as well. You guys
> are in phase.  It must be nice to have the whole world throwing a
> party on your birthday.
>
> How old are you guys now anyways? 53, 57? You guys are so old, I found
> a remake of a popular oldie with lyrics you can understand :-D this
> time around:
>
> ===========================
>
> When I find my code in tons of trouble,
> Friends and colleagues come to me,
> Speaking words of wisdom:
> "Write in C."
>
> As the deadline fast approaches,
> And bugs are all that I can see,
> Somewhere, someone whispers:
> "Write in C."
>
> Write in C, Write in C,
> Write in C, oh, Write in C.
> BASIC's dead and buried,
> Write in C.
>
> I used to write a lot of FORTRAN,
> For science it worked flawlessly.
> Try using it for graphics!
> Write in C.
>
> If you've just spent nearly 30 hours,
> Debugging some assembly,
> Soon you will be glad to
> Write in C.
>
> Write in C, Write in C,
> Write in C, yeah, Write in C.
> LOGO's not the answer.
> Write in C.
>
> Write in C, Write in C,
> Write in C, oh, Write in C.
> Pascal won't quite cut it.
> Write in C.

> Anyone want to show their age and guess what song and band this is from?
>
> :-D Seriously, have a good time!!!
>
> Happy Birthday and New Year,
> Alex

cordialement, regards,