Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by peter-ho <pe...@live.com> on 2016/11/18 18:20:20 UTC

Re: nifi 1.0 extending a standard processor

After adding the nar as dependency to the nar pom.xml, I'm getting the
following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.nifi:nifi-nar-maven-plugin:1.1.0:nar (default-nar) on project
discover-mysftp-nar: Error assembling NAR: Each NAR represents a
ClassLoader. A NAR dependency allows that NAR's ClassLoader to be used as
the parent of this NAR's ClassLoader. As a result, only a single NAR
dependency is allowed. -> [Help 1]

Have you seen it?  I tried adding <scope>provided</scope> to
nifi-standard-nar in nar's pom, which got it to build, but when nifi starts,
it can't initialize the processor complaining class def not found for the
classes I refer to.

I didn't add the project/artifact to assembly, as I'm not building
everything, just planning to add an extra nar. My nar's pom:

	<dependencies>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>com.nifi</groupId>
			<artifactId>nifi-mysftp-processors</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
		</dependency>
 		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
			<artifactId>nifi-standard-nar</artifactId>
			<type>nar</type>
		</dependency>
	</dependencies>

Thanks
Peter

Re: nifi 1.0 extending a standard processor

Posted by peter-ho <pe...@live.com>.
my project has changed quite a bit, so can't really tell the root cause or
resolution anymore. Also moved from maven to gradle. If you post yours, I
can help identify a problem.

Re: nifi 1.0 extending a standard processor

Posted by vamsi77874 <va...@gmail.com>.
Could post your pom file, I am having same issue

Re: nifi 1.0 extending a standard processor

Posted by peter-ho <pe...@live.com>.
Thanks for your help, Koji.
That fixed the problem.

Re: nifi 1.0 extending a standard processor

Posted by Koji Kawamura <ij...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Would you check nifi-mysftp-processors nar to see if there's any nar
dependency by any chance?

I tested following dependency setting and got the same error:
- nifi-B-processors-nar
  - nar dependency to nifi-A-processors-nar
  - dependency to nifi-B-processors
- nifi-B-processors
  - nar dependency to nifi-C-processors-nar (nar dependency shouldn't
be used in a project that is not a 'nar' project)

Thanks,
Koji