Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Aninditya SAHA <a....@f5.com.INVALID> on 2020/08/04 04:42:14 UTC

Alerting on Kafka certificate

Hi,

I wish to address a problem that I was facing few days back.
Here's the problem statement:

Certificates of Kafka broker in Control plane expired which impacted Kafka Mirror maker service in all dataplanes. As a result, we renewed Kafka broker certificates manually in Control plane which restored kafka mirror maker service.

Short Term actions include:

Delete Kafka-mirror maker pods in different data planes to check if the newly created pods are able to use the certificate.

My question here is, how can we setup alert/notification for certificate expiry. Is there any exporter which can capture the logs, and create a metric to monitor it and push it to Prometheus so that we can get alerting on the same.

Please do send me necessary links/tools which is useful to deal with this.

Thanks,
Aninditya

Fw: Alerting on Kafka certificate