Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/01 06:26:43 UTC

Could not connect to the java broker

First Wishing you all a very happy new year ....

I tried connecting *java* broker using eclipse Qpid Management console plug
in. But i could not , What i have done is as follows

   - Note : I used a fresh checkout from the trunk.
   - Tried both ways enabling and disabling SSL authentication

   - When using SSL authentication i used both example keystore created from
   sample script and existing test keystore.

   - I was able to start it with
   <keyStorePath>${prefix}/../test-profiles/test_resources/ssl/keystore.jks</keyStorePath>

   -  but not with  *
*<keyStorePath>${QPID_HOME}/bin/qpid.keystore</keyStorePath>
   , did not change any password. used excisting ones.\\

   - with *<keyStorePath>${QPID_HOME}/bin/qpid.keystore</keyStorePath>*  it
   says JMX management SSL keystore path not defined, unable to start SSL
   protected JMX ConnectorServer

When i am connecting to the started broker with eclipse QM console it
says *Unable
to connect to the specified JMX server.
*
 i used   hostname : test (specified as default in virtualhosts)
              port          : 8999
              usename  : guest    ; also tried with admin as well
              password : guest*   ; *also tried with admin as well

Appreciate if you can give me any advice on this, perhaps i may have missed
something

Thanks in advance.
Harsha
*
 *

Re: Could not connect to the java broker

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rajika

Ok , I am seeing them. Thanks

Posted by Rajika Kumarasiri <ra...@wso2.com>.
Harsha,
In qpid issue tracker, which is JIRA there are issues tagged under
beginning. I think you can give a try for them.

Rajika

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsha,

The plugin at the heart of the jmx management console is meant for use
in the standalone management console application, which is Eclipse RCP
based. However, it has never been validated for use within the Eclipse
IDE, which is a slightly different enviornment and so there may be
issues when attempting that as it has never been considered/tested in
any development undertaken to upgrade the console.

Robbie

On 1 Jan 2010, at 20:44, Harsha Halgaswatta <harsha.halgaswatta@gmail.com

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Could not connect to the java broker

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Robbie ,

Posted by Harsha Halgaswatta <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robbie

Thanks for your information . I just tried with what you mentioned about
"ant build release-bin" , it is working fine.Connected from
qpid-jmx-management-console-0.6-linux-gtk-x86 successfully.

yes , now the broker is starting with the example keystore. I am afraid what
went wrong before. (just restarted only).
if i am to integrate that plugin into eclipse , where i should specify
truststore as i did in qpidmc.ini for qpidmc because i dont find anything to
specify in the plugin folder
(eclipse-plugin/release/qpid-jmx-management-console-0.6-linux-gtk-x86/plugins)
or is there any other way to specify this.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Harsha,

I have just tried and was able to start the (trunk) broker by running the
create-example-ssl-stores.sh script in the bin/ directory to create
bin/qpid.keystore and bin/qpid.truststore and then just copying your
keystore configuration below. I will verify the bat script later, but that
worked the last time I used it too so I'm not sure why you would be having
difficulty with the below config.

However, the reason for your issue appears to be your host definition when
running the console. The hostname you need to enter in the console is the
ip/hostname the broker is running on, not a VirtualHost name from the broker
configuration. So if you are running both server and console locally you
would enter e.g localhost or 127.0.0.1

I would recommend you could try the JMX Management Console from trunk if you
aren't already, it has a significantly nicer UI now than it did with 0.5 and
I have recently made some modifications to it to make it more obvious what
went wrong if it fails to connect.

You can build the console by running "ant build release-bin" (no quotes) in
the qpid/java subdirectory of the trunk. The full console application
releases are then prepared in qpid/java/management/eclipse-plugin/release
(pick the one that matches your platform).

Robbie