Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Kumar, Kiran" <kk...@kheaa.com> on 2003/06/25 19:07:46 UTC

RE:pageEncoding in JSP

Iam getting an error when I use pageEncoding in my jsp page

<%@ page
language="java"
contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"
%>

this is what I want to use with pageEncoding feature

<bean:message key="error.db.connection"></bean:message> <BR>

please let me know where I have to rectify

Thanks in advance

KiranKumar (Raj)
ext 7203

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Jim Kennedy wrote:
> Has anyone tried this using pure JSTL or Struts.  No rt.
>
> I need to do something like this in JSP's
>
> <c:if test="${pageContext.request.userInRole('foo') == true}" >

EL doesn't support method evaluation, so yeah that won't work.

You can just create a simple tag on your own to do this.  As part of our
company's core taglib we have.

<loki:inrole role="foo">

</loki:inrole>

So it only evaluates that if the user has that role.  You can then
extend it as you need.  Maybe the next release of the JSTL will add a
taglib that addresses security, but for right now, you're free to build
it however you want.

--
Serge Knystautas
President

JSTL and isUserInRole

Posted by Jim Kennedy <ji...@gigaheads.com>.
Has anyone tried this using pure JSTL or Struts.  No rt.

I need to do something like this in JSP's

<c:if test="${pageContext.request.userInRole('foo') == true}" >

</c:if>

The above does not work.  How can I do this?  isUserInRole(String) is the
method I need to call.  Or maybe there is another way around this.  I want
to be able to show content conditionally on the j2ee role.

Jim Kennedy
IT Consultant