Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Herrington, Jack" <ja...@Certive.com> on 2000/10/10 00:03:06 UTC

XML::Parse segmentation fault

This code works as a perl script executed off the command line:

	use XML::Parser;
	my $parser = new XML::Parser();
	$parser->parse( "<form></form>" );

This code fails with a segmentation fault when called from mod_perl:

	package CBL::mod_perl::test1;

	use strict;
	use XML::Parser;

	sub handler
	{
	        my $r = shift;

	        my $parser = new XML::Parser();
	        $parser->parse( "<form></form>" );

	        $r->content_type( 'text/html' );
	        $r->send_http_header;
	        $r->print( "<html><body>" );
	        $r->print( "Testing" );
	        $r->print( "</body></html>" );

	        return OK;
	}

	1;

Is there some inherint problem with XML::Parser and mod_perl?

Jack Herrington
	Engineering Manager
	Certive - Building the world's first broadband B2B network
	(650) 701-8809

Re: XML::Parse segmentation fault

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Herrington, Jack wrote:

> Is there some inherint problem with XML::Parser and mod_perl?

Yes. You need to recompile Apache with RULE_EXPAT=no.

I'm hoping that now that expat has a standard distribution that the Apache
team will be proactive in fixing this bug.

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **
 // \\| // **     Personal Web Site: http://sergeant.org/     **