Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/09 12:38:13 UTC

Accessing the Configuration

Hey,

I was wondering whether there is a way to access the Configuration from an
(Stream)ExecutionEnviroment or a RichFunction. Practically I would like to
set a temporary persist path in the Configuration and access the location
somewhere during the topology.

I have followed the way the streaming checkpointdir is used, but it goes
through the getEnvironment() function of the AbstractInvokable, a path that
is rather low level for my use case.

Thanks,

Marton

Re: Accessing the Configuration

Posted by Michal Fijolek <mi...@gmail.com>.
Oh I see now
thanks!

Re: Accessing the Configuration

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
No, the RichFunction.open(Configuration) parameter is a feature from the
DataSet API. Its for passing an operator-specific configuration through the
".withParameters(Configuration)" method.

For more infos, just search for "withParameters" here:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/apis/batch/index.html

Posted by Michal Fijolek <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Márton Balassi <ba...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification.