Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Mi...@telekurs.com on 2002/03/07 12:23:22 UTC

MIME types for documents accessed via "file://" URIs

Hi Patrik,

>>  Accessing through the filesystem is another story.
> ...that's what I meant (and hence the example with a file:// URL).
>I guess I didn't express myself clearly.

if there is no webserver involved that could send appropriate
MIME types, then I wonder whether

might provide this kind of information to the browser.
(At least this is what the tag is meant for, I believe: Tell the
browser to behave as if it received the corresponding HTTP header.)

These tags would then have to be part of each document's <head>
section, but might well be auto-generated from the XML source.

Regards, Michael