Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Ahmad Alawsie <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2018/02/01 22:58:14 UTC

SUGGESTION FOR THE TRANSLATION SERVICE

Hi all,

I want to email everyone here to discuss an idea that I have for the Apache translate Pootle service website. Firstly, for those of you who have translated to any language of your preference using this service, you may or may not know what I am about to say.

Basically, when there is a suggestion on a word that is untranslated, or is translated and perhaps “needs work”, if I accept or reject the last suggestion, the webpage will automatically skip to the next word, even if the current word has not been translated. This is quite annoying, as I do not want it to skip to the next word, and then I have to navigate back to the word I was on, in order to finish, either fixing up an error/s, or translating the word since it is incomplete. Please, if the relevant individual/s can get back to me, so I can discuss with you in further details  (if required), on how the system should respond in the case of a user accepting/rejecting suggestions once there is no more suggestions left for the current word.

Thanks again everyone.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A

RE: SUGGESTION FOR THE TRANSLATION SERVICE

Posted by Ahmad Alawsie <ah...@hotmail.com>.
Based on the comment I got on the link: https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues/6800 ..... it is clear that with the current Pootle version implemented on OpenOffice being outdated in comparison to the latest one, these issues will be closed by the Pootle team, since the latest version Pootle has configured fixes for this issue and many other issues. This further reinforces and fuels the need for an upgrade of the current Pootle version on OpenOffice.

Regards,
Ahmad A

Posted by Ahmad Alawsie <ah...@hotmail.com>.
Andrea,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Ahmad Alawsie wrote:
> how do I actually suggest on the Pootle website?

The Pootle website is http://pootle.translatehouse.org/

The issue queue is here:
https://github.com/translate/pootle/issues

The latter is the place where one can report Pootle bugs or suggest
enhancements. You will need a (free) Github account for that.

Regards,
   Andrea.

RE: SUGGESTION FOR THE TRANSLATION SERVICE

Posted by Ahmad Alawsie <ah...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andrea and all,

I know I am emailing quite a lot and hope it is not an issue to you and everyone else on this mailing list. I understand now about the suggestion I offered, but how do I actually suggest on the Pootle website? Can you offer me some guidance to this, and provide me a link too, to make it a little easier to understand this process. Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,

Ahmad A

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.