Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2016/01/14 16:55:16 UTC

FOSDEM

Do we have a table at FOSDEM?  Is there a list of times that need to be
covered?  I will be there and can volunteer a bit of time.  Also, any plans
for a get together?

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Safe travels to all, and everyone have a fantastic time (but, be safe!!)!!
~Missy

Posted by Melissa Warnkin <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Jan or Pierre might have some of the temporary tattoos leftover from ACEU 2015 - I'm not sure though.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
@Melissa: I don't worry about being on your naughty list. I am Nice too!

Op vrijdag 29 januari 2016 heeft Melissa Warnkin
<mi...@yahoo.com.invalid> het volgende geschreven:

--
Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Re: FOSDEM

Re: FOSDEM

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Don Cunningham <ot...@gmail.com>.
Me too you guys are nuts do you get work done?  I was just  looking for a
plug in but I'm learning a lot of cool.  Stuff thanks.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 01/28/2016 09:03 AM, Pierre Smits wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I am planning to attend the FOSDEM on Saturday and as I had some leftover
> swag from Apachecon EU I intended to bring that as well. Should I now toss
> that, or do you still want to have that to hand out when you run out of the
> new stuff?

You can bring it along if you like. We can possibly use it as a backup
if/when we run out of the new swag, which we will rather quickly (it's
FOSDEM after all...!).

Sally has indicated that it's "okay" to give away the old swag, but
would prefer we stick with the new logo as much as possible. So if it's
stickers etc, we probably don't need it, but if it's something else, it
may still prove useful.

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Daniel,

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
On 01/25/2016 11:07 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 20/01/2016 Daniel Gruno wrote:
>> You should have access to edit the page now.
>
> May I get write access too? I can modify that wiki in other ways (liek
> creating pages) but I still can't edit
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COMDEV/FOSDEM+2016
>
> Thanks,
>   Andrea.

Done!

With regards,
Daniel.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
Unfortunately, life changes mean that it is impractical for me to attend
this time. Perhaps see you all next year.

Upayavira

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Done.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Hi Daniel,

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by jan iversen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Looking forward to see you all there.

I will bring a bunch of apache stickers (about 100-150), that should help a little bit.

rgds
jan i.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Daniel Gruno <hu...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

RE: FOSDEM

Posted by Ross Gardler <Ro...@microsoft.com>.
Indeed, thank you everyone

Sent from my Windows Phone
________________________________
Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
> On Feb 6, 2016, at 10:34 AM, Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>
> A few years ago we talked about having tri-fold brochures for each
> project, starting with the "famous" ones and working from there, talking
> about what they do, and emphasizing that they are part of the Apache
> project family. Perhaps rather than brochures, a rotating slidedeck that
> we can show on a monitor at the booth? Anyways, something to make that
> message clear. We've got a year to work on this, if we stay focused on
> this issue.

+1 on both. I personally don't like brochures, but people seem to take them eagerly. Some have actually asked if we have an Apache brochure.

Andrus

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 02/03/2016 10:00 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I second this. Thanks to everyone who was at the table! Some reflections on my own experience:
>
> * We got many positive responses to the ASF story and the stories of those few projects that were present.
> * Lots of people asked about Apache Mesos, that wasn't represented.
> * All the swag was gone. And would've been gone on day one if we hadn't rationed it. Need more for the next year.

Note that this is true for every event. There's a science to determining
who gets something and who doesn't. No matter how much we take, we need
to ration it carefully, or we're just throwing money away.

> * Quite a lot of people haven't heard about Apache at all (I guess mostly young people).

This is great feedback, because this is why we need to be at FOSDEM
every year, to make the message heard to a younger generation.

> * Another big group of people only knows "Apache the HTTPD server". I thought with Hadoop and other big projects here this should not longer be the case.

The thing we need to solve with Hadoop (and other "famous" projects) is
to get the word out that it is Apache Hadoop. Everyone knows about
Hadoop, but seldom think of it as Apache Hadoop. FOSDEM is one
opportunity to address that.

Re: FOSDEM

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: FOSDEM