Posted to dev@flume.apache.org by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2012/07/16 11:17:32 UTC

Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Hi friends,

i am using flume for log aggregation. I am looking for some encryption technology for using along with flume for secure transport. It can be SSL or any other certification based.
If there is one already available please let me know the source and steps to use it.

Thanks
Chandrashekhar

Re: Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Posted by Harish Mandala <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

https://netty.io/

Which of the Flume source classes matches your requirement best?

Regards,
Harish

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
can you point me to some link ???

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
can you point me to some link ???

Posted by Harish Mandala <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Can someone help me on this please??

I need this for security reason, otherwise I am not permitted to transfer logs.

Thanks

On Jul 16, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> i am using flume for log aggregation. I am looking for some encryption technology for using along with flume for secure transport. It can be SSL or any other certification based.
> If there is one already available please let me know the source and steps to use it.
>

> Thanks
> Chandrashekhar

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I was looking for flume custom sinks if available for encryption and similarly custom source for decryption.

Thanks

On Jul 16, 2012, at 6:07 PM, Inder Pall wrote:

Why can't your encrypt the message before putting it to FLUME?
That would the cleanest/quickest way of achieving it IMO...as you can control the keys(pub/private)

- Inder

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 4:54 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>> wrote:
Can someone help me on this please??

I need this for security reason, otherwise I am not permitted to transfer logs.

Thanks

On Jul 16, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw wrote:

> Hi friends,
>
> i am using flume for log aggregation. I am looking for some encryption technology for using along with flume for secure transport. It can be SSL or any other certification based.
> If there is one already available please let me know the source and steps to use it.
>

> Thanks
> Chandrashekhar

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.

<sh...@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:

> Can someone help me on this please??
>
> I need this for security reason, otherwise I am not permitted to transfer
> logs.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Jul 16, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw wrote:
>
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > i am using flume for log aggregation. I am looking for some encryption
> technology for using along with flume for secure transport. It can be SSL
> or any other certification based.
> > If there is one already available please let me know the source and
> steps to use it.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Chandrashekhar

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Posted by Inder Pall <in...@gmail.com>.

<sh...@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:

> Can someone help me on this please??
>
> I need this for security reason, otherwise I am not permitted to transfer
> logs.
>
> Thanks
>

> On Jul 16, 2012, at 2:47 PM, Chandrashekhar Shaw wrote:
>
> > Hi friends,
> >
> > i am using flume for log aggregation. I am looking for some encryption
> technology for using along with flume for secure transport. It can be SSL
> or any other certification based.
> > If there is one already available please let me know the source and
> steps to use it.
> >

> > Thanks
> > Chandrashekhar

- Inder
  Tech Platforms @Inmobi
  Linkedin - http://goo.gl/eR4Ub

Re: Is there an encrpted flume channel available?

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.

Posted by Chandrashekhar Shaw <sh...@yahoo-inc.com>.