Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ca...@ps.ge.com on 2002/08/30 23:41:32 UTC

Index.html/default welcome file

We are running tomcat/catalina as a thread/embedded.  For some reason even
though we have in the web.xml(in both the conf directory and in the WEB_INF
of out application) the definition of the "welcome-file-list", we cannot get
the index.html when we type "http://myhost:8080" in the browser, we have to
explicitly type "http://myhost:8080/index.html".  Does anybody has a
solution to this problem?

Thank You
Carlos Rivera

Re: Index.html/default welcome file

Posted by Bill Barker <re...@verizon.net>.
If you are really using "WEB_INF" instead of "WEB-INF", then your ROOT
context is probably not loading correctly.