Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by "Stam, Kurt" <KS...@vfa.com> on 2005/05/02 15:43:20 UTC

RE: set pluto with jboss 3.3.2

Hi Muhammad,

I'm replying to the list as other people may find this info also useful.
I'm using jboss 3.2.6, but I don't think the version really matters
here. On the pluto side of things I used both rc1 and rc3.

To deploy pluto to jboss

1. I add the pluto jar (i.e. pluto-1.0.1-rc1.jar) to the
jboss/server/<jboss-instance>/lib dir and also the portlet-api-1.0.jar

2. Then I deploy pluto.war to the jboss/server/<jboss-instance>/deploy
dir.

3. For SSO of the portlets I use JOSSO (www.josso.org). If you also want
to use this you may want to start with the jboss distro provided by
josso, this will make things a little easier.

Note I found it very useful *not* to start with jboss until you get the
hang of it. The pluto community is largerly a tomcat crowd and you'll
get much more out-of-the-box working code that way.

Best regards,

--Kurt