Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Paul Kretek <pk...@pugio.net> on 2004/04/01 08:45:19 UTC

ApplicationTool, PullServices and ClassNotFoundException...

Hi,

I am not able to create my own ApplicationTool. I tried self made tools
and the (adjusted) FluxTool.java from CVS.

I created a package com.mycompany.tools in the source dir and have put
the modified FluxTool.java there.
in TurbineRessources.propertiesfile  I have  add the new tool:

=======================================
tool.request.someotherflux=com.mycompany.tools.FluxTool;
=======================================

everything compiles properly

when I start tomcat, it can not find the class. Do I need to specify
extra path for this? Where? The tool should be already in my projects
classpath and the
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine-2.3/services/pull-service.html
page does not mention anything about classpaths. Does anybody have a
quick tip? Examples?

I have following in my turbine.log:
=======================================
2004-04-01 14:33:02,839 [main] ERROR
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService - Cannot instantiate
tool class com.mycompany.tools.FluxTool;:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com/mycompany/tools/FluxTool;
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.getTools(TurbinePullService.java:369)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.initPullTools(TurbinePullService.java:326)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.pull.TurbinePullService.init(TurbinePullService.java:245)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initService(BaseServiceBroker.java:321)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.doInitService(BaseServiceBroker.java:401)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(BaseServiceBroker.java:373)
    at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.init(BaseServiceBroker.java:190)
    at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.configure(Turbine.java:423)
    at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:230)
    at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:256)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:823)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3422)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3623)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:754)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1188)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:363)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:497)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2190)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:512)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
    at
    at
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

Re: ApplicationTool, PullServices and ClassNotFoundException...

Posted by Paul Kretek <pk...@pugio.net>.
Hi Uwe,

DUH! Removing the ';' fixed it;

coding too much Java;
must not use semicolons everywhere in the end of line;

Paul;

Posted by US...@gea-wiegand.de.

Hi Paul,

In your TR.props file you should remove the semicolon at the end of

tool.request....=com.mycompany.tools.FluxTool

/uwe

                      Paul Kretek
                      <pk...@pugio.net>           An:       Turbine Users List <tu...@jakarta.apache.org>
                                               Kopie:
                      01.04.2004 08:45         Thema:    ApplicationTool, PullServices and
                      Bitte antworten           ClassNotFoundException...
                      an "Turbine Users
                      List"