Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Jason Calabrese <ma...@jasoncalabrese.com> on 2006/07/06 17:26:53 UTC

Re: [Nutch-general] Alternatives

You can startup a crawler by just creating a job.  You can basicly just
copy/tweek some code from the main method in org.apache.nutch.crawl.Crawl.

In my application we are working at a lower level and first create the
crawl_generate dir, then start a fetch, then we parse the fetched results,
and then index the parsed results on our own.

I think with a little hacking you can make use of a lot of the nutch/hadoop
code in any framework.

The only place I had problems was getting the nutch progress integrated into
our application so that an admin can see where the fetcher is within our
application.  In order to do that I added a few hacks to the fetcher and
parser, but I think there may be a better.