Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com> on 2014/09/19 23:55:38 UTC

All messages getting stuck in 5.10 until restart…

We’ve been having this problem for a while now but it’s becoming more
apparent as we deploy in production.

Essentially all messages in ActiveMQ get stuck until I restart it.  Today
it took three restarts… then it just started working.

Here’s my config:

http://pastebin.com/F5L99biA

We’re using LevelDB… the box seems to be idle while this is happening.

There isn’t much data either.  < 1GB… should all fit into memory.

It’s entirely possible it’s the client … but I’m using the official
activemq client.

I think I might try browsing the queue from the command line next time this
happens.

Any other pointers to help track this down?

--

Founder/CEO Spinn3r.com
Location: *San Francisco, CA*

Re: All messages getting stuck in 5.10 until restart…

Posted by James Green <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like the issue I was observing last month. ActiveMQ was randomly
deciding to just "stop" delivering messages to consumers - both the shipped
web console and hawtio showed things absolutely as I would expect them to
be.

I ended up suspending new operations, allowed existing data to be processed
and shut everything down. There should have been no data but kahadb kept a
few hundred megs for reasons unknown. I moved the storage folder and
started things back up. No problems since.

This whole thing started after (first observed two weeks after) we upgraded
from 5.7.0 to 5.10.0 and only one of our fleet experienced the problem.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.

Posted by Kevin Burton <bu...@spinn3r.com>.

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.