Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Patrick Debois <Pa...@sos.be> on 2003/11/06 14:14:11 UTC

Java TextCat 0.1

Java interfacing with libtextcat. Might be of interest for you (according
to the mailling lists)

I've used it for choosing the correct analyzer in Lucene Snowball

I will provide it on my website http://www.jedi.be/JTextCat/index.html

Hope it does not violate any copyrights.

Re: Java TextCat 0.1

Posted by Pete Lewis <pe...@uptima.co.uk>.
Hi Maurits

With the language guesser it doesn't matter whether they are in one index or
language specific indexes, more how you want to organise your data.  Even if
you have separate language dictionaries, I think that it would be best to
have a language field - holding the guessed language of the document.

An alternative would be language tagging, where you embed language tags into
the document and in this way can correctly handle documents that comprise
more than one language - but unfortunately I don't think that there are any
opensource language taggers.

Cheers

Pete

Re: Java TextCat 0.1

Re: Java TextCat 0.1

Re: Java TextCat 0.1

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
incze and patrick - i moderated both of your messages in on this
subject.  in the future please subscribe to the list you're posting to,
or risk them being discarded.

	Erik

Re: Java TextCat 0.1

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.