Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Steve Ramage <sj...@sjrx.net> on 2018/12/03 14:56:27 UTC

Crashes while running "Maven In Five Minutes"

If I follow the steps listed here (https://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html) :

mkdir scratch; pushd scratch; mvn archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app -DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false; cd my-app; mvn package; mvn clean dependency:copy-dependencies package; mvn site

I get several crashes. The first of which is:

[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] Source option 5 is no longer supported. Use 6 or later.
[ERROR] Target option 1.5 is no longer supported. Use 1.6 or later.

Even if I fix that error I get another error later.

[INFO] ----------------------< com.mycompany.app:my-app >----------------------
[INFO] Building my-app 1.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO] --------------------------------[ jar ]---------------------------------
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) @ my-app ---
[WARNING] Report plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin has an empty version.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they threaten the stability of your build.
[WARNING]
[WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer support building such malformed projects.
[INFO] configuring report plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:3.0.0
[WARNING] Error injecting: org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.CiManagementReport
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/DocumentContent
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0 (Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:3138)
    at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:2358)
    at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf (InjectionPoint.java:245)
    at org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo (DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:520)
    at org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.getConfiguredMavenReport (DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:306)
    at org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.buildReportPlugin (DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:263)
    at org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.buildMavenReports (DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:154)
    at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.getReports (AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.java:235)
    at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute (SiteMojo.java:121)
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main (Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DocumentContent
    at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass (SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)

$mvn --version

Apache Maven 3.6.0 (NON-CANONICAL_2018-11-06T03:14:22+01:00_root; 2018-11-05T18:14:22-08:00)
Maven home: /opt/maven
Java version: 11.0.1, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk
OS name: "linux", version: "4.14.84-1-lts", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

Anyway I think the generated archetype should actually work with the maven version I'm using (especially because the advice on getting help is to run the latest), or failing that the Getting Started Guide should include the descriptions on how to fix them, imho.

Cheers,

Steve Ramage

Re: Crashes while running "Maven In Five Minutes"

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2018-12-03 um 15:56 schrieb Steve Ramage:> If I follow the steps
:

]---------------------------------
 > [INFO]
 > [INFO] --- maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) @ my-app ---
 > [WARNING] Report plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin has an empty
version.
 > [WARNING]
 > [WARNING] It is highly recommended to fix these problems because they
threaten the stability of your build.
 > [WARNING]
 > [WARNING] For this reason, future Maven versions might no longer
support building such malformed projects.
 > [INFO] configuring report plugin
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-project-info-reports-plugin:3.0.0
 > [WARNING] Error injecting:
org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.CiManagementReport
 > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/maven/doxia/siterenderer/DocumentContent
 >      at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0 (Native Method)
 >      at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:3138)
 >      at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors (Class.java:2358)
 >      at com.google.inject.spi.InjectionPoint.forConstructorOf
(InjectionPoint.java:245)
 >      at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo
(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:520)
 >      at
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.getConfiguredMavenReport
(DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:306)
 >      at
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.buildReportPlugin
(DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:263)
 >      at
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.DefaultMavenReportExecutor.buildMavenReports
(DefaultMavenReportExecutor.java:154)
 >      at
org.apache.maven.plugins.site.AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.getReports
(AbstractSiteRenderingMojo.java:235)
 >      at org.apache.maven.plugins.site.SiteMojo.execute
(SiteMojo.java:121)
 >      at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main
(Launcher.java:356)
org.apache.maven.doxia.siterenderer.DocumentContent
 >      at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy.loadClass
(SelfFirstStrategy.java:50)

 > $mvn --version
 >
 > Apache Maven 3.6.0 (NON-CANONICAL_2018-11-06T03:14:22+01:00_root;
2018-11-05T18:14:22-08:00)
 > Maven home: /opt/maven
 > Java version: 11.0.1, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime:
/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk
 > Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
 > OS name: "linux", version: "4.14.84-1-lts", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"
 >
 > Anyway I think the generated archetype should actually work with the
maven version I'm using (especially because the advice on getting help
is to run the latest), or failing that the Getting Started Guide should
include the descriptions on how to fix them, imho.

Please file an issue with MNGSITE.

Re: Crashes while running "Maven In Five Minutes"

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
thank you, merged

regarding setting target Java Version as parameter, in theory this is a good
idea, but in practice, IMHO it makes the archetype more complex: people will
modify pom.xml when they want

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.