Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by David Boyer <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/24 19:47:49 UTC

MakeRequestHandler.BAD_HEADERS... is killing our REST Service calls

Make Request strips a number of headers including Accept from an
outgoing makeRequest on it's way to the target server.  We have data
that can comeback as JSON or as XML, but the default (no Accept)
header is xml.  What gives.  We add ContentType.JSON to the
makeRequest, and add params[gadgets.io.RequestParameters.HEADERS] = {
"accept": "text/json" }  to the request params, but of course the
buildHttpRequest in MakeRequestHandler prevents the Accept header from
going through.  MakeRequestHandler.BAD_HEADERS...

We need a solution that works, here.

I've searched the mailing list, and I can't see any discussion of
Accept is being throttled.  If you are going to strip the Accept
header, then I had expected that the ContentType.JSON setting in
makeRequest would somehow translate into an Accept header being added
by the MakeRequestHandler, but it's not.

--
David S Boyer
mangr3n@gmail.com

Re: MakeRequestHandler.BAD_HEADERS... is killing our REST Service calls

Posted by Adam Archer <ag...@ca.ibm.com>.
Thanks Kevin. I've submitted bug 1181.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SHINDIG-1181

Adam Archer
Jazz Developer
IBM Toronto Lab

From:
Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>
To:
shindig-dev@incubator.apache.org
Date:
09/24/2009 08:37 PM
Re: MakeRequestHandler.BAD_HEADERS... is killing our REST Service calls

I don't recall why accept was dropped (probably overzealous filtering). It
probably hasn't come up before because most people don't seem to actually
use HTTP header semantics. You should file a bug for this.

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.
Duh, I could've just looked at the Java source.

~Arne

Posted by Arne Roomann-Kurrik <ku...@google.com>.

Posted by Kevin Brown <et...@google.com>.