Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Henrique Viecili <he...@myreks.com> on 2012/06/28 18:38:01 UTC

Calling an InOnly endpoint with an InOut exchange...

Assuming the scenario I have 2 jbi endpoints:

- 'jbi:myInOutEndpoint' with MEP=InOut;
- 'jbi:myInOnlyEndpoint' with MEP=InOnly;

and the following route in camel:

<route>
  <from uri="jbi:myInOutEndpoint"/>
  <setExchangePattern pattern="InOut"/>
  (...)
  <to uri="jbi:myInOnlyEndpoint" />
  (...)
</route>

I have experienced the exchange hanging, waiting for a response to continue
after <to uri="jbi:myInOnlyEndpoint" />. And of course this is my mistake,
cause I should have properly set up the route with pattern="InOnly".

But it would be much easier to identify this mistake if at some point
(deploy time or runtime) camel would warn me about calling an InOnly
endpoint with an InOut exchange.

Is there a way to enable such warnings? Do they already exist? Where should
I start looking in camel or servicemix code to create a patch?

att.
*Henrique Viecili
*

Re: Calling an InOnly endpoint with an InOut exchange...

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Henrique,

Is it mandatory that you uses the jbi endpoint component or can you
interconnect your camel routes directly using direct component, ... ? As jbi
will become deprecated in next releases of Apache ServiceMx, I recommend
that you investigate alternatives like NMR  http://camel.apache.org/nmr.html
nmr  which allows to move camel objects in async mode or direct-vm for sync
exchanges  http://camel.apache.org/direct-vm.html direct-vm .

Regards,

Charles
Apache Committer