Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com> on 2011/04/11 18:54:05 UTC

can a plugin add dependencies to a project's dependency list

Is it possible to write a plugin which will add dependencies to a
project's dependency list in such a way that those plugins are used as
part of the reactor order *and* are checked for snapshots by the
release plugin?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: can a plugin add dependencies to a project's dependency list

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Am 13.04.11 00:10, schrieb Justin Edelson:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com> wrote:

>>> We need additional metadata per dependency which can't be done in the
>>> POM (until 3.1 or so I hear...)
>>>

>> Can you show a snippet of the configuration file?
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/launchpad/builder/src/main/bundles/list.xml
>
> We're talking about making some changes to the syntax, but we will
> continue to need to set the start level for each bundle.

So I guess we're out of luck here and can't add our custom dependency
list to the project, right?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: can a plugin add dependencies to a project's dependency list

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@justinedelson.com>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>.
On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:49 PM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> We're thinking about this for our Apache Sling launchpad plugin. We
> basically have an additional configuration file listening dependencies
> (OSGi bundles) together with some meta information. We could first list
> all these dependencies in the dependency section of the pom and then
> again in the configuration, but that's a maintenance nightmare.
>
> Or is there maybe anything else we could do?

List them in the dependencies of the POM and generate the configuration with a template (Freemarker/Velocity) where the dependency information can be injected.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
We're thinking about this for our Apache Sling launchpad plugin. We
basically have an additional configuration file listening dependencies
(OSGi bundles) together with some meta information. We could first list
all these dependencies in the dependency section of the pom and then
again in the configuration, but that's a maintenance nightmare.

Or is there maybe anything else we could do?

Regards
Carsten

Justin Edelson  wrote
> Is it possible to write a plugin which will add dependencies to a
> project's dependency list in such a way that those plugins are used as
> part of the reactor order *and* are checked for snapshots by the
> release plugin?
>
> Thanks,
> Justin

Carsten Ziegeler