Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com> on 2013/07/29 15:35:53 UTC

Re: AW: AW: "Internal build error..." after switching from Adobe 4.6.0 to Apache Flex 4.x SDK

On 29/07/2013 14:22, Krüger, Olaf wrote:
>>> At a guess you've not installed the optional BazeDS/remoting libraries.
>> Ahh... I'm using the "RemoteObjects" to communicate with my PHP backend.
>> Have I install the "BazeDS/remoting" in this case?
>> Yes, you must install the BlazeDS option for your application.
> I've just re-install the SDK including the BlazeDS option and now it works all fine! :-)
> My understanding with this option was, that this is not relevant for the general remoting capability but only for the "Adobe BlazeDS" product.
I'm wondering if we should alter the wording in the README / installer
in this case, because I didn't realise the 'blazeds' stuff was required
for straight forward RemoteObject calls...

Tom

Re: "Internal build error..." after switching from Adobe 4.6.0 to Apache Flex 4.x SDK

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 29/07/2013 14:47, Justin Mclean wrote:
> The README could probably do with an addition along the above lines.
Can I submit patches against trunk and/or develop yet or is the merging
still painful ?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

The installer does state "Remoting support (optional)" and has the information:
"Apache Flex can optionally integrate with remoting providers like BlazeDS, GraniteDS, WebORB, Red5, AMFPHP, RubyAMF, PyAMF and others. This feature requires flex-messaging-common.jar from the Adobe Flex SDK. The Adobe SDK license agreement for Adobe Flex 4.6 applies to this jar. This license is not compatible with the Apache V2 license. Do you want to install this jar from the Adobe Flex SDK?"

Not sure we can do much better than that as people much accept the license before installing.

The README could probably do with an addition along the above lines.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: AW: AW: "Internal build error..." after switching from Adobe 4.6.0 to Apache Flex 4.x SDK

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/29/13 6:35 AM, "Tom Chiverton" <tc...@extravision.com> wrote:

>>> Ahh... I'm using the "RemoteObjects" to communicate with my PHP
>>>backend.
>>> Have I install the "BazeDS/remoting" in this case?
>>> Yes, you must install the BlazeDS option for your application.
>> I've just re-install the SDK including the BlazeDS option and now it
>>works all fine! :-)
>> My understanding with this option was, that this is not relevant for
>>the general remoting capability but only for the "Adobe BlazeDS" product.
>I'm wondering if we should alter the wording in the README / installer
>in this case, because I didn't realise the 'blazeds' stuff was required
>for straight forward RemoteObject calls...
I don't think it is required for using just RemoteObject.  But lots of
people use the data wizard in FB which I think then starts using BlazeDS
or LC DataServices to wrap RemoteObject.