Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roland Berger <ro...@plenum-systems.ch> on 2001/11/20 10:46:29 UTC

TOMCAT does not set the CLASSPATH for my WebAPP

Hi all

As I understand from the Servlet specs. a Servlet Container like Tomcat
should set the CLASSPATH for each webapp which is placed in
%TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps. e.g. if I have placed a .jar file in
%TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib/myjar.jar it should add to the
CLASSPATH the path %TOMCAT_HOME%/webapps/mywebapp/WEB-INF/lib/myjar.jar .

But Tomcat doesn't do that with me. I have checked the tomcat.bat startup
script. Dynamic Classpath generation is only done for .jar's in
%TOMCAT_HOME%/lib but not for each webapp.

So, how, where and at what time in startup procedure does tomcat generate
the CLASSPATH for each webapp??????

Thank's a lot for any help
Roland

Re: TOMCAT does not set the CLASSPATH for my WebAPP

Posted by Janek Bogucki <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Have a look at the 'Class Loader INFO':

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/class-loader-howto.html

 --- Roland Berger <ro...@plenum-systems.ch>