Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com> on 2013/06/27 15:24:50 UTC

Apache MetaModel release process

Hi all,

While we wait for the INFRA to be in place, I have a practical question,
mostly to the experienced Apache devs here:
How is release to the central Maven repository usually handled with Apache
projects?

Previously we've been using oss.sonatype.org as a facilitator of the
repository deployments. They offer a parent POM and a Nexus instance that
we can deploy to, and from there on release to the central Maven repo.

We wont be able to still use the sonatype account though, since the account
is restricted to "org.eobjects" group IDs.

I imagine there is something similar for Apache projects also? Or should we
make a new sonatype account simply?

Kind regards,
Kasper

Re: Apache MetaModel release process

Posted by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Kasper Sørensen <
i.am.kasper.sorensen@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> While we wait for the INFRA to be in place, I have a practical question,
> mostly to the experienced Apache devs here:
> How is release to the central Maven repository usually handled with Apache
> projects?

Example release process:

http://rave.apache.org/release-management.html

> Previously we've been using oss.sonatype.org as a facilitator of the
> repository deployments. They offer a parent POM and a Nexus instance that
> we can deploy to, and from there on release to the central Maven repo.

Apache has its own parent pom and Nexus instance to do the same thing.  We
will need to make sure that everyone who will be an RM is added to the
correct LDAP group so that they can deploy to the repo.

> We wont be able to still use the sonatype account though, since the account
> is restricted to "org.eobjects" group IDs.
>
> I imagine there is something similar for Apache projects also? Or should we
> make a new sonatype account simply?

Definitely use the Apache infrastructure.