Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/22 08:21:54 UTC

IPv4 Reserve for use

HI  All

If some Public IP that is being blacklisted and we would like reserve
inorder to assign to VM.

By default has no way to do.  Is there any way to do ?

Hean Seng

Re: IPv4 Reserve for use

Posted by Rafael del Valle <ra...@livelens.net.INVALID>.
Hi!

I assume that a third party has blacklisted one of your IPs and now they are for example marked as source of spam or something like that.

I assume that you don't want to offer those while you restore their reputation... (by stooping abuse, etc)

I never had the problem but,

I have looked at the API and there is this method:

updateIpAddress
fordisplayan optional field, whether to the display the IP to the end user or notfalse

Perhaps you can test with CloudMonkey and see if using this stops from offering the blacklisted IPs to customers?

Re: IPv4 Reserve for use

Posted by Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com>.
For example,  the IP is use for Spam, and is  blacklisted by spam haus or
whoever .

Or previous customer get DDOS and normally in this case, we will have to
keep the IP for some time before release it out .

Anybody know there is work around ?

On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 4:54 PM Rafael del Valle <rv...@privaz.io.invalid>
wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I assume that a third party has
> blacklisted one of your IPs and now they are for example marked as
> source of spam or something like that.
>
> I assume that you don't want to offer those while you restore their
> reputation... (by stooping abuse, etc)
>
> I never had the problem but,
>
> I have looked at the API and there is this method:
>
> updateIpAddress
> fordisplayan optional field, whether to the display the IP to the end user
> or notfalse
>
> Perhaps you can test with CloudMonkey and see if using this stops from
> offering the blacklisted IPs to customers?
>

> On Tue, 2020-09-22 10:21 AM, Hean Seng <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > HI  All
> >
> > If some Public IP that is being blacklisted and we would like reserve
> > inorder to assign to VM.
> >
> > By default has no way to do.  Is there any way to do ?
> >

> > --
> > Regards,
> > Hean Seng

Hean Seng

Re: IPv4 Reserve for use

Posted by Rafael del Valle <rv...@privaz.io.INVALID>.
Hi!

Re: IPv4 Reserve for use

Posted by Walter Penn <wa...@pobox.store>.
Hean Seng wrote:
> If some Public IP that is being blacklisted and we would like reserve
> inorder to assign to VM.

How do you define "blacklisted"?

regards.