Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Cheng Lian <li...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 22:13:28 UTC

Re: How to disable parquet schema merging in 1.4?

With Spark 1.4, you may use data source option "mergeSchema" to control it:

   sqlContext.read.option("mergeSchema", "false").parquet("some/path")

or

   CREATE TABLE t USING parquet OPTIONS (mergeSchema false, path
"some/path")

We're considering to disable schema merging by default in 1.5.0 since it
brings unnecessary performance cost when schema evolution is not a problem.

Cheng