Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Juan Pan <pa...@apache.org> on 2022/04/10 07:50:12 UTC

Re: [GSoC Mentors] Org admin from Russia

Hello Maxim,

Sorry to hear that, but really thanks for your effort and work,
and hope GSoC 2022 goes well same as last year!

Trista Pan
Twitter & Github: tristaZero

On 04/7/2022 09:43,Maxim Solodovnik<so...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello All,

Due to recent changes in GSoC rules (see the emails below) I step down as
Org Admin for ASF
I will continue to help on ASF side but will be unable to send invitations
and act as ASF org admin

please contact this list in case of any questions and @Sanyam Goel
<sa...@apache.org> and @Swapnil M Mane <sw...@apache.org>

I guess I will not receive any email notifications so please ping me in
case of any URGENT steps need to be done :)

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 at 00:40, 'sttaylor' via Google Summer of Code Mentors
List <go...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hi Maxim,

Good question.

As mentioned in the FAQ (and on this list last week):
*Due to current circumstances, GSoC 2022 is not accepting participants
(Contributors, Mentors or Organization Administrators) from Russia,
Belarus, or the so-called Donetsk People's Republic ("DNR") and Luhansk
People's Republic ("LNR"). There are no restrictions on participants
located within Ukraine but outside of the DNR and LNR.*

Any Org Admins or Mentors that are in Russia, Belarus, DNR or LNR will
need to withdraw themselves from the GSoC 2022 program. There is a
'Withdraw from Program' red link in your User Profile (toward the bottom of
the page). That will just withdraw you from this GSoC 2022 program and in
the future you will be able to use the same profile to register for a given
program when the situation allows.

Best,
Stephanie

On Wednesday, April 6, 2022 at 10:22:33 AM UTC-7 solom...@gmail.com wrote:

Hello Stephanie,

Recently I read from news, and read in FAQ [1]

"GSoC 2022 is not accepting participants (Contributors, Mentors or
Organization Administrators) from Russia"

Shall I step down from org admin position?

ps sorry it seems I've miss the announcement :(

[1]
https://developers.google.com/open-source/gsoc/faq#are_participants_from_ukraine_russia_or_belarus_allowed_to_participate_in_gsoc_2022

from mobile (sorry for typos ;)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-summer-of-code-mentors-list/2bd96946-6b18-4da7-a1b4-d14d50c49f0an%40googlegroups.com