Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Erez Efrati <er...@netmedia.net.il> on 2004/11/27 21:08:46 UTC

which to use: JK2 or JK?

Hi,

I am installing an apache + JBoss/tomcat and I need to run the JK
module.
Now I understand that the  JK2 is no longer supported so does it mean
that it would be better using JK1.2?

Thanks,

Erez

PHP to run under Tomcat

Posted by Matt Anderson <mu...@swiftdsl.com.au>.
Hi All,

I was wondering if any of you could help me with some Tomcat administration.
I am trying to configure Tomcat (and according to the specs on apache.org it
can be done) to use PHP and I don't want to have Apache handling PHP and
Tomcat handling JSP I would like the Tomcat to handle both. I have done the
following

I installed PHP4
I set the environment variable PHP_HOME to c:\php as this was where I
installed it
I moved phpsrvlt.jar from c:\php\sapi\ to the common\lib directory
I added in the following lines in web.xml

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>php</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>net.php.servlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>php-formatter</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>net.php.formatter</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>php</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.php</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>php-formatter</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.phps</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I renamed the php.ini-dist to php.ini in c:\php
I then modified the following lines
extension_dir = .\	->	extension_dir = "C:\php\extensions"
;extension=php_java.dll	->	extension=php_java.dll

[Java]
java.class.path = C:\php\extensions\php_java.jar
java.home = C:\j2sdk1.4.0-rc\
java.library = C:\j2sdk1.4.0-rc\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll
java.library.path = .\

Now my I am using
Windows 2000 Server for the OS
Jakarta Tomcat 5.0.27
php-4.3.9-Win32

The error message I seem to get is
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no php5servlet in java.library.path
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1410)
	java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:772)
	java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:832)
	net.php.reflect.loadLibrary(reflect.java:34)
	net.php.reflect.<clinit>(reflect.java:29)
	net.php.servlet.init(servlet.java:157)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117
)
	org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
	org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:793)

ction(Http11Protocol.java:702)
	org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:571)

a:644)

and if I hit refresh on the same page I get the following different error
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: send
	net.php.servlet.send(Native Method)
	net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:190)
	net.php.servlet.service(servlet.java:214)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)

Why I get two different errors is beyond me. I have done ALOT of research
into finding the solution to this and I find there are many people who have
come across the same problem but noone has a solution. Has anyone managed to
get PHP to work under Jakarta Tomcat and can anyone see what I am doing
wrong? Thank you all so much for your time and I thank you in advance.

Kindest Regards,
Matt Anderson

Re: which to use: JK2 or JK?

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
Erez Efrati wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am installing an apache + JBoss/tomcat and I need to run the JK
> module.
> Now I understand that the  JK2 is no longer supported so does it mean
> that it would be better using JK1.2?

What do you mean by "no longer being supported"?

The current status is thet JK1 is considered "production grade", while
JK2 is still, well,... not in Beta Phase, but something like "a
successor to JK1".

We're using mod_jk2 2.0.2 and it has been running smoothly for almost a
year. I prefer JK2 to JK1, but that is my preference. JK2 will be the
"official" connector in the future, so if it works for you, stick with it.

Nix.

AW: which to use: JK2 or JK?

Posted by vimal <vi...@ness-web.de>.
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/quick-start-guide-windows/2

above article might give you a solution!

vimal