Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tomcat Programmer <tc...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/06 18:36:11 UTC

strange problem with tomcat version 3.3a

I apologize if I sent this twice.. I don't think it
went through the first time!

I have been using tomcat for several releases, and
have just upgraded my server to version 3.3a and I
have noticed a change in the behavior of the logging
mechanism.

With Tomcat 3.3a, nothing gets written to the
JASPER_LOG stream. I have the verbosityLevel set to
INFORMATION, which used to cause all request
information to get written to this log at release
3.2.1. However, now the file is always zero-byte. It
does not seem to matter if I define it globally or
within a specific context. I even changed the
verbosity level to DEBUG and still *nothing* gets
written into this file.

I have searched High and Wide over the internet
looking for the answer to this problem, and I have not
been able to find it.

Can anyone help me configure this, please !

Many Thanks!!

-Tom C.

Help: Logging username (j_username) during login attempt

Posted by Rob Cartier <rc...@snet.net>.
I got my login working with SSL and for now the use of the
tomcat-users.xml file

 I would like to log all login attempts both success and failure.
What is the best way to capture the information

I only need the username from the j_username attempt

I am able to get the rest that I want from the cgi variables

Any and all help would be appreciated

Robert Cartier
112 Fieldbrook Rd
Middletown, Ct. 06457-1746