Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Martin Ficker <m....@googlemail.com> on 2008/06/19 08:45:13 UTC

Find out who needed a module

Hello,
i really hope this is not a FAQ. I searched the available Information but
did not find a answer.
A Resolve (Ivy 1.4 from ant) failed because some modules were not found. The
unresolved dependencies are not direct dependencies but ivy's output does
not tell me which of my Project dependencies needed them. I had to check
them one by one.
Is there a possibility to have ivy output the dependency chain to the
missing dependency?
Example:
Unresolved Dependency: SomethingA.
Path to missing dependency: YourProject -> SomeModuleB -> SomethinghA

Best regards,

Martin

Re: Find out who needed a module

Posted by "M. Ficker" <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hello Dan,

i think I already tried that but the report does not work if the
resolved failed (I didn't verify this now, I'll try tomorrow). But when
the resolve fails is exactly the situation when I would need to know the
information...

Best regards,
Martin

AW: Find out who needed a module

Posted by Martin Eigenbrodt <m....@googlemail.com>.
Hi,
I just verified:

  <ivy:report graph="false"  />

Wihtout a prior resolve gibes an NPE.
If I put a resolve in front that will fail because of the missing module,
but does not tell me the dependency path to the missing one.

Posted by Dan North <ta...@gmail.com>.
Nice one!

Posted by Dan North <ta...@gmail.com>.
Hi Martin.