Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andras Hatvani <a....@paysafecard.com> on 2010/04/22 09:24:17 UTC

HTTP POST redirection issue

Hello,

I was trying to build a test plan according to the following scenario:

- Configuration elements: HTTP Header Manager, HTTP Cookie Manager, HTTP
Request Defaults
- HTTP Request (method GET, protocol HTTPS) -> load landing page
- HTTP Request (method POST, protocol HTTPS) -> login
- Listener: View Results Tree

I tried it with both, 'Redirect automatically' and 'Follow Redirects',
but upon login (verified with server-side logs) still only the landing
page will be displayed in the results tree, although an HTTP 302 is the
response, which will correctly be processed e.g. in Firefox.
This makes any further post-processing and continuation impossible.

Does anyone had a similar issue and could give a hint?

Thanks in advance,
Andras Hatvani

Re: HTTP POST redirection issue

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
>This makes any further post-processing and continuation impossible.
Youll have to extract the URL from the location header (using regular
expression post processor) and then make an explicit request to it (if its a
bug in JMeter , till its fixed)

regards
deepak

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 22/04/2010, Andras Hatvani <a....@paysafecard.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I was trying to build a test plan according to the following scenario:
>
>  - Configuration elements: HTTP Header Manager, HTTP Cookie Manager, HTTP
>  Request Defaults
>  - HTTP Request (method GET, protocol HTTPS) -> load landing page
>  - HTTP Request (method POST, protocol HTTPS) -> login
>  - Listener: View Results Tree
>
>  I tried it with both, 'Redirect automatically' and 'Follow Redirects',
>  but upon login (verified with server-side logs) still only the landing
>  page will be displayed in the results tree, although an HTTP 302 is the
>  response, which will correctly be processed e.g. in Firefox.

JMeter should follow a 302 if you tell it to, but perhaps the 302 has
non-standard syntax.

Have you checked the jmeter.log file for errors?

>  This makes any further post-processing and continuation impossible.

No, it just makes it more difficult ;-)

>  Does anyone had a similar issue and could give a hint?

Is the URL public?

Can you use the Save Results Listener to create a copy of the response?
If so, please save it somewhere public and post the ULR, or raise a
bugzilla issue and attach it to that.