Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by HARSH PATHAK <ha...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/17 18:49:19 UTC

Solving JIRA ISUUE : APEXMALHAR-2016.

Dear Community,

We are final year students of Computer Engineering and are Interested to
work on Apache Apex. As a exercise to understand the contribution process,
we are planning to fix this ISSUE.

Here is what we have understood from the JIRA:* APEXMALHAR-2016*.

*Problem:*
HDFS allows "," as part of *file name or folder name*. The
FileSplitterInput operator splits multiple file/folder inputs separated by
",". The split could be wrong if file/folder name it self contains a *","*.

*One of the way:*
To pass *Set<String>* instead of *String*  in method setFiles(String files);

Awaiting response and suggestions.

Thank You,
Harsh Pathak,
Anurag Wagh,
Krushika Tapedia.

Re: Solving JIRA ISUUE : APEXMALHAR-2016.

Posted by Priyanka Gugale <pr...@apache.org>.
Hi Harsh,

This seems to be a backward incompatible change, so I would suggest let's
wait to fix it till next major release when we can change the api.

One option could be, deprecate current function and add new function with
same name which accepts Set<String> as parameter. But I am not sure how
BeanUtils will treat these two functions when one sets some properties in
xml file. If BeanUtils has different way to set String and list/set from
xml we are good else this fix won't work.

-Priyanka