Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by footh <fo...@yahoo.com> on 2006/02/08 21:29:06 UTC

Calling saveBusiness on existing business wipes out all services...

I delved through the code and noticed that when you
try to call saveBusiness on a business that already
exists in the registry, it is wiped out and then
re-added with the passed-in business key.  This has
the effect of wiping out all the associated business
services.

We have a situation where a business has simply edited
their business profile and we are trying to save the
changes to the registry.  In this situation, the
business services should not be deleted as it is just
an edit of the business entity data.

Is there a facility to handle this with the existing
jUDDI API?  Otherwise, I will just have to create a
new deleteBusinessOnly function and call that in the
saveBusiness function.

Regards,

JF

http://mail.yahoo.com