Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Peter Dirickson <pe...@212interactive.com> on 2006/09/01 19:27:42 UTC

Integrate Apache2 with Tomcat.

Hi,

I'm trying to have my ofbiz to  work with apache2, so instead I have to
browse to:

http://server:8080/ecommerce it would forward or proxy(?) to
http://server/ecommerce and the same when it has SSL,
https://server/ecommerce instead of https://server:8443/ecommerce.

So I guess I need to use mod_proxy right. I also found out that there is a
mod_jk but I'm not sure if I need it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Peter.

Re: Integrate Apache2 with Tomcat.

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@undersunconsulting.com>.
Have you read through the Basic Production Setup Guide? It sounds
like you what you might need is to change the URL writing
configuration in OFBiz so it knows to send back and forth between
http/s.

-David

Posted by Daniel Rosowski <da...@gmx.de>.
Hi Peter,

I would use mod_jk instead of proxy.
We used mod_proxy and it worked for us. But the downside is that you can
only see the IP addresses in the apache logs.
With mod_jk it forwards the addresses too so you can see them in the
webtools.

See this mail from Walter Vaughan a few days ago:
 > Well I was confused a first why you were looking at mod_jk2 since *I*
 > thought it had been depreciated since 2003. On the other hand, since
 > Apache 2.2 is production quality, you may want to start googling on
 > mod_proxy_ajp, since it appears to be the way of the future.
 >
 > From http://rimuhosting.com/mod_jk2.jsp

Cheers,
Daniel

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.