Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/29 08:14:27 UTC

Building Javadocs and site on CI

Hi guys,
I am trying to release Maven Assembly Plugin and I see that there are
a few showstoppers due to javadocs and site generation.
Isn't it possible to run  "javadoc:javadoc site" on CI ?

This way we won't commit broken/unreleasable stuff

Enrico

Re: Building Javadocs and site on CI

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
Enrico, there is one problem with maven-help-plugin which generates
"HelpMojo.java" with the problematic "<p>".
First the plugin should be fixed and released and the maven-parent;
otherwise all plugins would end up with complicated configuration of
maven-compiler-plugin as Surefire has.

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.
The fork is, I think, because of the "compilerArgs", but pls check it in
the Maven compiler's documentation.
IMHo the profile activated by JDK8 can be added to "maven-parent" pom and
the new release version 34 can already have it.
If it helps the all Maven projects will have this possibility on CI as well.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Good idea!

Posted by Tibor Digana <ti...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.

https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=maven-jenkins-lib.git;a=blob;f=vars/asfMavenTlpPlgnBuild.groovy;h=6502fe80819c873757e339a0f1b3186fd14303b9;hb=HEAD#l132

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Enrico,

On 29/12/18 09:53, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
> Karl,
>

> Il giorno sab 29 dic 2018 alle ore 09:41 Karl Heinz Marbaise
> <kh...@gmx.de> ha scritto:
>>
>> Hi Enrico,
>>
>> On 29/12/18 09:14, Enrico Olivelli wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>> I am trying to release Maven Assembly Plugin and I see that there are
>>> a few showstoppers due to javadocs and site generation.
>>

>> Can you report which one?
>
> this is the fix, mostly about <br> tags
> https://github.com/apache/maven-assembly-plugin/commit/a97fbb304d1924426f3e3137ba42de0f3d9ec6a0
>
> I had errors like:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.7.1:site (default-site)
> on project maven-assembly-plugin: Error parsing
> '/home/eolivelli/dev/maven-assembly-plugin/target/generated-site/xdoc/assembly.xml':
> line [1511] Error parsing the model: end tag name </p> must match
> start tag name <br> from line 1508 (position: TEXT seen ...om the
> central repository\n        are allowed.\n        \n      </p>...
> @1511:11)  -> [Help 1]
>

>>> Isn't it possible to run  "javadoc:javadoc site" on CI ?
>>>
>>> This way we won't commit broken/unreleasable stuff
>>>

>> Usually the sites will be generated via:
>>
>> mvn -Preporting site site:stage
> That's how I got the errors
>

>> if ready than
>> mvn scm-publish:publish-scm
>>
>> See also the deploySite.sh script...
>>
>> Furthermore you have to do the release via
>>
>> mvn release:prepare release:perform -Dgpg.keyname=...
>>
>> first and afterwards you can change into the target/checkout
>> directory and make the sites via the above commands...
>
> good
> I am following this guide
> https://maven.apache.org/developers/release/maven-project-release-procedure.html
> which points to:
> https://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html#staging-maven
> and
> https://maven.apache.org/developers/website/deploy-component-reference-documentation.html
>
> I guess the part "Publishing versioned component reference
> documentation" is to be done AFTER the VOTE as passed

I'm a little bit late but it looks you did it the right way....

And yes the publishing is done after the VOTE is successful.

> So now master branch is stable, site is building correctly, PGP works
> as expected, I will prepare the release.
>
> Let me try to summarize the guide and your answer:
>
> mvn release:clean
> mvn release:prepare
> mvn release:perform

Usually you can clean up via: